7 Uses For an Old Pillow
Got an old pillow just laying around that you’ve been thinking about throwing away? Don’t. There are creative ways to reuse the pillow, and even the pillowcase. Here’s 7 uses for an old pillow:
- Use the stuffing to pack boxes. Planning on packing gifts to send out and need something to stuff boxes with? Rip open an old pillow and use the filling to pad your boxes. [separator size=”30″]
- Make a pet bed. Don’t spend money on a bed for your dog, just reuse an old decorative pillow. They might even like it better, since it might have your scent on it.[separator size=”30″]
- Make a cleaning cloth out of a pillowcase. If it’s just the pillowcase that needs replacing, make use of it by cutting it up to use as a multipurpose cloth to clean counters, floors, or attach it to your broom to reach cobwebs.[separator size=”30″]
- Make a chew toy for your pup. Roll up a pillowcase, tie a not or two in the middle, maybe scent it with dry meat treats, your furry friend will love it.[separator size=”30″]
- Make an entirely new pillow. While the cover on the pillow itself may be beyond repair, the stuffing may still have some use. If you’re the DIY type, create a new cover and stuff it will the old stuffing. Voila, you’re crafty![separator size=”30″]
- Use it for traveling. Convert an old pillowcase into a compact laundry bag when you’re on the road, or use the pillow to make a smaller version that you can use as a pillow in the car for long road trips.[separator size=”30″]
- Make an apron. Put that old pillowcase to work in the kitchen. Get creative with scissors and attach some straps to fit around your waist, and now you’ve got a one of a kid apron to help protect you from any mess you might make.
Got any other cool uses for a used pillow or old pillowcase? Let us know in the comments below.